Table of Contents, explanation, future plans and Other Blogs of Interest
* Please comment if able
Table of Contents
Arminius of the Cherusci vs. Shaka kaSenzangakhona 33,34, 35, 36,38, 39 :
Fight Description: Arminius, the German Warlord who in a single battle decimated 1/10 of Rome's army in a single battle vs. Shaka Zulu, a potent warmonger whose conquests transformed the Southern half of a continent. WHO. IS. DEADLIEST! In this army on army battle, both generals come fully equipped to change the course of history. Longbows, short spears, Beserkers, British firearms, cattle and cavalry are all brought to bear as two masters of warfare fight their toughest battle.
Part 1 here
Part 2 Here
Part 3 Here
Part 4 Here
Part 5 Here
Part 6 Here
Revised Table of Contents-Version 1.0 37 :
Whereas at first the Table of contents were only intended to serve as guides to me blogs, and deleted with each new addition, now they will be kept to serve as markers and to introduce the readers to some upcoming battles, as well as some proposed ones that never made the cut.
In my first Back for blood installment the warriors were divided into tiers based on technology and armor available to them. Thus the Koa and Huaorani, lacking much in the way of armor and possessing mostly natural weaponry, were put in the Tribal division, where upon a championship battle was made between the two of them. These warriors, both little known, are fascinating in their own right, and the matchup between the two was very enjoyable to make!
When two champions of tribal combat go to war, one can never be sure of exactly what level of brutality they will bring. Curare poison, deadly martial arts, weapons from the sea and ambush tactics....all have a role to play in this bout to determine the Deadliest Tribal Warrior!
Delta Squad vs. Noble Team: A preview of what is to come 41:
The Purpose of this preview was mainly just to hammer out a grading scale on my upcoming Delta vs. Noble, and to give a bit of a teaser for this upcoming battle of Xbox giants.
Back For Blood Sc-Fi Championship: Sarah Kerrigan vs. Alex Mercer 42, 43, 44, 45:
The first of the two fictional back for bloods, in this battle I chose to take a different route and "up the ante", so to speak. This is undoubtedly my most detailed match to date, and pits the Queen of the Zerg and star of Heart of the Swarm against Alex Mercer, the Biological superweapon of New York and antagonist of the second game. This battle featured two different sets of powers wielded by two god-like creatures that are extremely difficult to kill. It was separated into four parts : the character info and edges, and then three battle sequences.
In this battle two Sci-legends, champions of previous bouts, are after each other's blood. Will Alex Mercer consume Sarah Kerrigan, or will the Queen of Blades crush this pretentious fuel beneath her heels? In a battle with game ending devastators, energy destruction , biological weapons and near instantaneous regeneration, nothing is certain except that nearly everything around these two warriors is in grave danger.
Part 1 Here
Part 2 Here
Part 3 Here
Part 4 Here
Then after that I will do the following battles:
1. Shaolin Monk vs. Fijian Warrior- the first of my Loser's redemption rounds.
2. Ivan the Terrible vs. Blackbeard the Pirate- requested by Master of the Boot about a year ago, this battle will finally be brought to the table.
3. Anakin Skywalker vs. Dante Alighieri - second of my loser's redemption rounds, with several new twists!
4. Fan's choice: Basically another round of voting will determine the next match!
Ideas come and go, however below are some battles that have been interesting me for a while, with what I hope is a cool preview of course!
Khalid Ibn Walid, the Sword of Allah, the great conqueror of the Middle East,has many achievements to his name and had destroyed the Byzantines in many prior engagements. He had no reason to think that this next battle would be any tougher then the last, despite the praises that the infidel prisoners sung for the new general in command of their armies. Khalid had no reason to believe this new general was any less trumped up then the rest of them, a ploy the enemy used to inspire uncertainty in his men. Giving it no more thought, he turned off the lantern and drifted off to sleep, eager to get some rest before the battle tommorow.
Unfortunately for a rare moment in his career, Khalid was wrong. Tommorow he would be in for the toughest fight of his career.
*WARNING* HISTORICAL GRUDGE MATCH APPROACHING:
..........Yuuzhan Vong vs. Dead Space Necromoprhs....
The man is a legend in the gaming community, famous for killing pretty much the entire Greek Panthenon and countless mythological monsters. Wielding magical weapons and possessing items based on prominent greek mythos, Kratos is a truly formidable fighter.
Thats why I am a bit stuck on who to have him fight, as there are some that he would destroy utterly, and then some that would destroy him without blinking a eye (like the two guys that will come after this section- suck it up GOW fans!).
Here are some considerations- tell me which you guys think should be the one to take on the god killer?
Arthas Menthil/Lich King:
The King of the Undead Scourge, this man wields the legendary Runeblade Frostmourne, a blade with Blade of Olympus like magic. It is a blade so powerful in fact, that Arthas is considered night invincible when he possesses it. He has complete mastery of shadow and ice magic, can summon undead dragons, undead spirits and is a naturally skilled warrior.
The demon-king of Outland, Illidan is a powerful character with over 10,000 years of experience and is one of the best sorcerers in the Warcraft universe.. Wielding the devastating Twin blades of Azzinoth, Illidan is capable of flight, fire and dark magic, and transforming into a giant demon.
The most powerful villain in the Final Fantasy universe, Sephiroth is a villain that almost doesn't need a introduction. Other then his legendary longsword, he possesses flight, teleportation, magic and a whole lot of other powers, in addition to a cool theme song!
Which of these three should be Kratos's opponent? Or should it be someone off the list?
Easily one of the most powerful comic book characters, Spawn has completely defeated the forces of heaven and hell, becoming a diety himself before. It would be easier to list the powers he does not possess then list those that he does.
Virtually immortal, the man has defeated basically everyone thrown at him before, including Kratos!
But can even he stand up to the psionic might of the
.....Spawn vs. The God Emperor of Mankind....
In a battle with psionic powers capable of destroying entire solar systems and magic capable of defeating deities, who can really be sure on the winner?
And Finally in what promises to be one of my best fictional matches....
Two different groups of teenagers of teenagers will fight....
Both possess extraordinary superpowers...
Both fight evil....
But only one can claim to be the deadliest!
The Teen Titans
Other Future Considerations!
(with a very brief description)
My Future matchups will be (hopefully)
1. Alexander the great (of course) vs. Sun Tzu: Will Macedon's Great Warrior-king prevail, or will he be outfoxed by China's semi mythical strategist?
4. Rajput warrior vs. Lanschrekmen: Between two great warriors a continent apart, who will come out alive?
5. Korean turtle-ships vs. Byzantine Dromon: In their heyday the Byzantines were renowned for their navy, but can even their Greek fire overcome Korea's formidable turtle ships?
6. Australian Aboriginal vs. Iroquois warrior(no gunpowder): The Aboriginals were some of the most crafty of the tribal warriors to ever fight the West, but can they destroy the fierce and proud warriors of the Five Nations?
7. Dacio-Thracian vs. Zande Warrior: Another great tribal battle with some of most unique and gruesome weaponry seen on either continents.
9. Assyrian warrior vs. ancient Iberian warrior : Can the world "first professional' army subdue the resilient natives of Spain, or will they be overcome be the tenacious tribesmen?
10. Dahomey Amazons vs Ottoman Janissaries : The female bodyguards of Dahomey were undoubtedly the real thing to be sure, but can they overcome the Ottoman elite?
11. Incan vs Ancient Israelite : On one side we have the pinnacle of Andean warfare, on another we have the great soldiers that served under the biblical hero known as David ? Who is deadliest?
12. Besilarus vs Khalid Ibn Walid: Many fans of Rome attribute the rapid conquest of much of the Byzantine empire to the lack of effective leadership and war exhaustion that plagued the country. They say that had the Muslims invaded at any other time, they would have lost. Well now that claim is going to be put to the test, as the "Sword of Allah" and most imposing figure of the Islamic Conquests, Khalid Ibn Walid, takes on the greatest Byzantine general to ever live, Besilarus.
14. Boudicca vs Tomyris : Boudicca, the woman who launched one of the greatest revolts against Roman rule fights Tomyris, the woman who put a stop to Cyrus's conquests- and the man himself. Who Is. Deadliest?
15. Vlad vs Nobunaga oda - Vlad the Impaler, the sadistic inspiration for the modern day Dracula, takes on Nobunaga Oda, the so called demon king . The Grizzly methods of both men will play a role in this bout.
17. Han dynasty bodyguard vs Persian immortal: Who will prevail between the elite of Ancient China and Persia?
18. Genghis Khan vs. Hernando Cortez: Can the advanced firearms and steel of the Conquistadors tip the scales against the Mongols, or will the Spainard meet his match against a personality just as driving as his.
19. Templar knight vs. Hwarang: Question. If a couple of Templar Knights were to come across their Korean counterparts, who would emerge victorious?
20. Flavius Aetius vs Hannibal: Will Rome's last, great defender pull of another victory, or will the ancient world's "Annihilator" finally crush the Romans one and for all?
21. Ancient Sumerian Vs Kiribati Warrior : the world's fist civilization vs. a society that preceded it on the scale. Who is Deadliest?
23. Maori vs Apache: Tribal warfare does not get much better then this, as the brutal warriors of the South Pacific face off against the guerrilla fighters of America's Southwest.
24. Masai vs Inuit: Warriors from two extreme of climate meet in a neutral zone to settle their differences.
25. ChandraGupta Maurya vs Suryavarman II : Between Khmer and Ancient India, which exotic civilization will emerge victorious?
26. Byzantine Vangarian Gaurd vs. Roman Praetorian Guard : Rome's two greatest bodyguards square off to decide who, exactly, is fit to guard the emperor (or secretly arrange his assassination).
27. Spartan Hoptile vs Viking Raider : This is to soothe all of those crying for a Sparta vs. Viking battle.
28. Ninja vs. Gladiator: Can the mysterious Shinobi emerge victorious against Rome's crowd thrilling killers?
29. Aztec Jaguar vs. Filipino warrior : Two powerful warriors both encountered by the Spanish around the same time. Who will prevail?
30. Ivan the Terrible vs. Blackbeard the Pirate: Can the superior training of the Stelsky's overcome the superior firearms of the Blackbeard? Which one of them will brutally finish off the other?
On sidelines(meaning I want to do them but can't figure out who to put them against): , some Indonesian warriors , Comanche, Texas Rangers , Solomon Island warrior,
And that's it. Some of these will probably change, some may be added/removed and hell I may not do all of them(laziness is the enemy of all good things).
3. Ezio And Assassins vs. The gladiators of Starz's Spartacus : Legendary Assassins that are shrouded in a veil of secrecy vs. combat experts who became legends after leading a massive revolt against their home country. Who is Deadliest?
4. Sprawl Security Team vs. Black ops Nazi Zombie Characters : Which of these two teams will survive the monsters and each other? Will it be the incredibly diverse Nazi zombie characters, with their mix of World War 2 and wonder weapons or the Sprawl Security team, who bring the latest armor and gear.
5. Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden) vs. War(darksiders) : The Slayer of numerous demons takes on one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse in an action bout for the ages.
6. Commander Shepherd vs. Master Chief : Biotics vs. Augmentation. Specter vs. Spartan Super Soldier. Mass Effect vs. Halo. Who . Is. Deadliest?
7. Gears Of War Delta Squad vs. Noble Team Six : Two squads who have faced apocalypse in the face unblinkingly duke it out .
8. The Predator vs. Albert Wesker : The formidable alien headhunter finds his most worthy prey yet in Umbrella Corporation's criminal mastermind!
10. John Marston vs. James Earl Cash : Can a 100 year of tech advantage and a psychotic mindset trump a legendary gunslinger's skill?
11. The Joker (Dark Knight) vs. Hans Landa (Inglorious Bastards) : If two twisted psychopaths from opposing sides of the Atlantic were to hunt each other, who would emerge from the ordeal alive?
12. Agent 47 vs. The Boss (Saint's Row 2) : Someone's put a hit on the brutal crime boss of Saint's Row, hiring the greatest assassin in history. Does Saint's Row's main playa have a chance, or has he bitten off more then he can chew?
13. Locusts vs. Elites : We have pitted the heroes of the Gears and Halo franchises against each other, now who will emerge victorious among the villains?
14. God-Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40k-with body) vs. Spawn (Spawn series): Some characters are so ridiculously overpowered that is hard to conceive of any characters capable of stopping them. These are two such characters. In a battle with psionic powers capable of destroying entire solar systems and magic capable of defeating deities, who can really be sure on the winner?
15. Teen Titans (Teen titans animated series) vs. Team Avatar (Avatar the Last Airbender) (squad) : This battle between two pseudo-anime series would be a super powered battle for the ages. Would display a wide range of powers (and capable non-superpowered fighters) and compare some basic Western/Eastern anime themes.
16. Harry Potter vs. Luke Skywalker (New Hope) - a Death Battle rematch!
1. Zerg vs. Orks- When Sarah Kerrigan gets a WAARGH proclaimed on her, will the Zerg be able to fend off the onslaught or will they fall to the lean green machine?
2. Dead Space Necromophs (Dead Space) vs. Yuuzhan Vong (Star Wars) : When a Yuuzhan Vong boarding party raided the derelict U.S.S. Ishimura, they only really expected a couple of captives from the mission. When they found a mysterious artifact that allowed them to communicate with the glorious dead, the priest caste was initially overjoyed. However things have rapidly deteriorated since then. With a mysterious new virus sweeping through the Yuuzhan Vong worldship (resulting in its quarantine by the rest of the race), the warrior caste struggles to contain the onslaught. Will the warriors put the monsters down for good, or will the untold horrors of the Necromorphs finally prove too much for this proud warrior race?
On Sidelines: Azula, Sora, Bayonetta
And now for some other great blogs worth checking out!
In his first review of a Deadliest Warrior match-up, Ares seeks to compare Saint Joan of Arc, the woman who helped inspire France to freedom and is currently DW's golden girl, against William of Normandy, the conqueror of England. Ares passionately looks up the four possible weapon choices of both warriors, and compares them based on : weapon on weapon, weapon vs. opponent's armor and personal skill vs. personal skill. In the end his winner is slightly more realistic then DW's approach.
Runner-up :Julius Caesar vs. Khalid Ibn Walid
This is a rather excellent battle between one of Rome's greatest generals vs. the man who almost single-handily conquered much of the Islamic empire. A battle no one wants to miss
Fictional Match up :Hero of Oak-vale vs. Hero of Bright-wall
Ares's first fictional match-up, this match pits the heroes of Fable 1 and Fable 3 against each other. This bout contains magic, swords and guns as well as the experts we all know and love. Mimicking the style of the show, he seeks to bring gaming characters in as experts in order to supply witty humor. His writing culminates into a epic showdown between the two and you will have to find out the winner!
Runner-up: Sub-Zero vs. Batman
Ares's only other fictional match-up to date, this match up pits Gotham's Dark Knight vs. one of Mortal Combat's deadliest fighters.
Currently Working on: Atahualpa vs. Heke
Currently Working on : Russian Stelsky vs. Croatian-Austrian Pandur
By far this was my favorite fight of his, and I was not aware of who Alucard war when I read it . It took the concepts of good and evil, technology and magic, sin and redemption to an extreme, and everything from the commentary of the experts to the end sim was phenomenal.
Runner Up:(tie) Batman vs. Punisher and Sarah Kerrigan vs. Anakin Skywalker
As I have already mentioned, I originally suggested the latter to him, and I felt he did a superb sim and testing(also the experts were awesome) , though I did not agree with the outcome.
Punisher vs. Batman is his take on a classic Marvel/DC grudge match, and he does a superb job at capturing the personalities of both warriors. In particular Batman, who many people look down upon in Deadliest Warrior fandom for his unwillingness to kill. As usual the experts, testing and sim are awesome.
Currently Working on: Back for Blood: Zombie Apocalypse!
Master of the Boot's next epic will pit the winners of his matches(and some experts) against the zombie horde, which upgrades itself with each round (eventually culminating in a special "Redemption Round" ). This will be his longest sim to date, and almost certainly his best!
I have been looking forward to seeing the Iroquois for a while, and Mike expands on the Celt as well (which Deadliest Warrior badly represented). His sim has a shock ending for D.W. fans, and his bios are full of information on both the warrior's weapons and culture.
Runner-up: Zulu Impis vs. Roman Legion:
Mike pits the surprisingly similar Roman Legion against Shaka's Impi, and his was one of the most expansive I have seen in terms of organization.
Without a doubt one of the most expansive ever in the history of blogging, this battle pits to icons of the Toon video game industry against each other. He compares everything about the warriors, from their life styles to their weapons, tactic and defining moments, against each other to determine who will emerge as the DEADLIEST WARRIOR!
Runner-up: Harry Potter vs. Ash Ketchum!:
Though he has only done the prologue thus far, this battle looks to be awesome.
Favorite Matchup: Real: Southern Redneck vs. Urban Gangster:
Vercingetorix pits two of America's greatest sub cultures/stereotypes against each other to determine which will emerge on top. While currently on Hiatus(due to Link vs. Sora) , this matchup was a great success on Old Spike, and with Vercingetorix redoing it it will likely be even better!
Runner-up: None (hasn't done any others)
Currently Working on: Sora vs. Toon Link :edges!
This relatively new blogger currently possesses wonderful little tidbits of info on Celtic Warriors and the various trickster gods of the world. On Spike he was well known for writing battles, so expect to see some on his blog in the near-future. Hasn't done match ups yet, but has done educational pieces on a variety of topics.
Rikun85 -What IF? The Battle Simulator:
"The New Kid on the block" this guy seems to enjoy modern match-ups. Other then that I can't tell you much on him, other then his rather interesting incoming battle.
Favorite(only) Match-Up: Gestapo vs. Untouchables:
This matchup is very interesting in that as it pits two of the most uncompromising, incorruptible and unconventional police forces against each other. Their loyalty, weapons and tactics are all assessed, and the battle was superb!
Currently working on: Les Apaches vs. The Highbindera
Blog can be found here
Runner-up: French Musketeer vs. Apaches:
A wonderful squad on squad battle between the elite of France and the guerrillas of America's Southwest . Another battle that I highly encourage you to check out!
Currently Working On: Unknown:
Can be found here
Breathtakingly detailed, this match up analyzes nearly every component of the two warriors and their weapon in an extremely detailed scoring system.
Mongol- Who is Deadliest!
The newest blogger here, Mongol intends to do both fictional and historical battles and comparisons, starting with a rematch of Jesse James vs. Al Capone!
can be found
* anonymous commenting is allowed... for now
Now With that done here are some questions for you.Your feedback helps me
Of the matches I have done so far, which is your favorite-fictional and real?
What do you think of my proposed Historical matches, both the two previewed and the considerations page? Any that you don't particularly like and for what reason?
What do you think of my proposed fictional matches, both the ones previewed and on the considerations page? Any that you don't particularly like and for what reason?
Who should Kratos fight?