Table of Contents, explanation, future plans and Other Blogs of Interest
* Please comment if able
Table of Contents
Arminius of the Cherusci vs. Shaka kaSenzangakhona 33,34, 35, 36, :
Fight Description: Arminius, the German Warlord who in a single battle decimated 1/10 of Rome's army in a single battle vs. Shaka Zulu, a potent warmonger whose conquests transformed the Southern half of a continent. WHO. IS. DEADLIEST! In this army on army battle, both generals come fully equipped to change the course of history. Longbows, short spears, Beserkers, British firearms, cattle and cavalry are all brought to bear as two masters of warfare fight their toughest battle.
Part 1 here
Part 2 Here
Part 3 Here
Part 4 Here
Part 5 (coming soon)
Currently my fights are:
1. Hawaiian Koa vs. Huaorani Amazonian Indian for the title of the Greatest Tribal Warrior!
2. Winner of Shaka/Arminius vs. Rhamses II for the title of the deadliest Early Army*
3. Sarah Kerrigan vs. Alex Mercer for the title of Deadliest Fictional Warrior!
On Sidelines: Julius Caesar, Fellowship of the Rings, Byzantine Cataphract
Any warrior that loses here will be placed in the Redemption rounds.
Rules: If any warrior here were to win three fights in this section, they would be put back up in the champion's circle, should they lose just once they will be taken out of the circulation forever ( barring any special matchups by me).
1. Fijian Warrior vs. Shaolin Monk
2. Winner of Shaka/Arminius vs. K'inich Janaab' Paka**
3. Dante Aligheiri vs. Anakin Skywalker
After my back for blood series finishes I have plans for two more battles, both fictional, the first of which will immediately follow after the Back for Blood battles are done. They will both carry a unique format, and are made to commemorate some of the greatest movie/video games series of all time.
With that said I am pleased to announce, in an ultimate battle of Xbox exclusives, two teams which fought against apocalyptic odds on a day to day basis.
Both squads fought against species desiring nothing less then the complete extermination of the human race...
Both were elites of their perspective worlds.
However only one team can emerge victorious.
Gears of War Delta Squad
|From Left to Right: Baird Daimon, Marcus Fenix, Anya Stroud, Dominic Santiago, and Augustus Cole. Not seen in picture but featured in fight: Clayton Carmine|
Halo Reach Noble Team Six
|From Left to Right: Emile, Jun, Carter, Noble Six , Catherine and Jorge. Of them only Jorge is a Spartan- II, while the rest are Spartan-III.|
|Clayton Carmine, the missing Delta Squad member from the picture above.|
|Noble Team concept Art|
Please comment at the end on what you think of this matchup!
After the winner of the previous matchup is determined, I will probably do one real interim battle determined by popular vote before moving onto my next match, which frankly I believe many people are going to consider an oddball one. Nevertheless it is a significant break in the previous format, and a thoroughly unique battle to be sure.
Both men were two of the greatest spies in cinema.
One relied on advanced technology , the other on supernatural magic.
Soon one of these spies will be fatally compromised by the other , but which?
In a battle of magic and firearms, gadgets and potions,which spymaster will prevail? Will it be the Harry Potter Series Most Popular character? Or will the British super agent outfox even him?
Please comment at the end on what you think of this and the Delta/Noble Team matchup!
(with a very brief description)
My Future matchups will be (hopefully)
1. Alexander the great (of course) vs. Sun Tzu: Will Macedon's Great Warrior-king prevail, or will he be outfoxed by China's semi mythical strategist?
4. Rajput warrior vs. Lanschrekmen: Between two great warriors a continent apart, who will come out alive?
5. Korean turtle-ships vs. Byzantine Dromon: In their heyday the Byzantines were renowned for their navy, but can even their Greek fire overcome Korea's formidable turtle ships?
6. Australian Aboriginal vs. Iroquois warrior(no gunpowder): The Aboriginals were some of the most crafty of the tribal warriors to ever fight the West, but can they destroy the fierce and proud warriors of the Five Nations?
7. Dacio-Thracian vs. Zande Warrior: Another great tribal battle with some of most unique and gruesome weaponry seen on either continents.
9. Assyrian warrior vs. ancient Iberian warrior : Can the world "first professional' army subdue the resilient natives of Spain, or will they be overcome be the tenacious tribesmen?
10. Dahomey Amazons vs Ottoman Janissaries : The female bodyguards of Dahomey were undoubtedly the real thing to be sure, but can they overcome the Ottoman elite?
11. Incan vs Ancient Israelite : On one side we have the pinnacle of Andean warfare, on another we have the great soldiers that served under the biblical hero known as David ? Who is deadliest?
12. Besilarus vs Khalid Ibn Walid: Many fans of Rome attribute the rapid conquest of much of the Byzantine empire to the lack of effective leadership and war exhaustion that plagued the country. They say that had the Muslims invaded at any other time, they would have lost. Well now that claim is going to be put to the test, as the "Sword of Allah" and most imposing figure of the Islamic Conquests, Khalid Ibn Walid, takes on the greatest Byzantine general to ever live, Besilarus.
14. Boudicca vs Tomyris : Boudicca, the woman who launched one of the greatest revolts against Roman rule fights Tomyris, the woman who put a stop to Cyrus's conquests- and the man himself. Who Is. Deadliest?
15. Vlad vs Nobunaga oda - Vlad the Impaler, the sadistic inspiration for the modern day Dracula, takes on Nobunaga Oda, the so called demon king . The Grizzly methods of both men will play a role in this bout.
17. Han dynasty bodyguard vs Persian immortal: Who will prevail between the elite of Ancient China and Persia?
18. Genghis Khan vs. Hernando Cortez: Can the advanced firearms and steel of the Conquistadors tip the scales against the Mongols, or will the Spainard meet his match against a personality just as driving as his.
19. Templar knight vs. Hwarang: Question. If a couple of Templar Knights were to come across their Korean counterparts, who would emerge victorious?
20. Flavius Aetius vs Hannibal: Will Rome's last, great defender pull of another victory, or will the ancient world's "Annihilator" finally crush the Romans one and for all?
21. Ancient Sumerian Vs Kiribati Warrior : the world's fist civilization vs. a society that preceded it on the scale. Who is Deadliest?
23. Maori vs Apache: Tribal warfare does not get much better then this, as the brutal warriors of the South Pacific face off against the guerrilla fighters of America's Southwest.
24. Masai vs Inuit: Warriors from two extreme of climate meet in a neutral zone to settle their differences.
25. ChandraGupta Maurya vs Suryavarman II : Between Khmer and Ancient India, which exotic civilization will emerge victorious?
26. Byzantine Vangarian Gaurd vs. Roman Praetorian Guard : Rome's two greatest bodyguards square off to decide who, exactly, is fit to guard the emperor (or secretly arrange his assassination).
27. Spartan Hoptile vs Viking Raider : This is to soothe all of those crying for a Sparta vs. Viking battle.
28. Ninja vs. Gladiator: Can the mysterious Shinobi emerge victorious against Rome's crowd thrilling killers?
29. Aztec Jaguar vs. Filipino warrior : Two powerful warriors both encountered by the Spanish around the same time. Who will prevail?
30. Ivan the Terrible vs. Blackbeard the Pirate: Can the superior training of the Stelsky's overcome the superior firearms of the Blackbeard? Which one of them will brutally finish off the other?
On sidelines(meaning I want to do them but can't figure out who to put them against): , some Indonesian warriors , Comanche, Texas Rangers , Solomon Island warrior,
And that's it. Some of these will probably change, some may be added/removed and hell I may not do all of them(laziness is the enemy of all good things).
3. Ezio And Assassins vs. The gladiators of Starz's Spartacus : Legendary Assassins that are shrouded in a veil of secrecy vs. combat experts who became legends after leading a massive revolt against their home country. Who is Deadliest?
4. Sprawl Security Team vs. Black ops Nazi Zombie Characters : Which of these two teams will survive the monsters and each other? Will it be the incredibly diverse Nazi zombie characters, with their mix of World War 2 and wonder weapons or the Sprawl Security team, who bring the latest armor and gear.
5. Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden) vs. War(darksiders) : The Slayer of numerous demons takes on one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse in an action bout for the ages.
6. Commander Shepherd vs. Master Chief : Biotics vs. Augmentation. Specter vs. Spartan Super Soldier. Mass Effect vs. Halo. Who . Is. Deadliest?
7. Gears Of War Delta Squad vs. Noble Team Six : Two squads who have faced apocalypse in the face unblinkingly duke it out .
8. The Predator vs. Albert Wesker : The formidable alien headhunter finds his most worthy prey yet in Umbrella Corporation's criminal mastermind!
10. John Marston vs. James Earl Cash : Can a 100 year of tech advantage and a psychotic mindset trump a legendary gunslinger's skill?
11. The Joker (Dark Knight) vs. Hans Landa (Inglorious Bastards) : If two twisted psychopaths from opposing sides of the Atlantic were to hunt each other, who would emerge from the ordeal alive?
12. Agent 47 vs. The Boss (Saint's Row 2) : Someone's put a hit on the brutal crime boss of Saint's Row, hiring the greatest assassin in history. Does Saint's Row's main playa have a chance, or has he bitten off more then he can chew?
13. Locusts vs. Elites : We have pitted the heroes of the Gears and Halo franchises against each other, now who will emerge victorious among the villains?
14. Kratos vs. Sephiroth : Two of the most badass video game warriors meet in the arena for the toughest fights of their career. Two men enter the arena, only one leaves.
15. James Bond vs. Severus Snape : The brilliant British secret agent takes on the man's whose true motives were so ambiguous, that it inspired a truly great fan debate.
16. Harry Potter vs. Luke Skywalker (New Hope) - a Death Battle rematch!
On Sidelines: Azula, Sora
And now for some other great blogs worth checking out!
In his first review of a Deadliest Warrior match-up, Ares seeks to compare Saint Joan of Arc, the woman who helped inspire France to freedom and is currently DW's golden girl, against William of Normandy, the conqueror of England. Ares passionately looks up the four possible weapon choices of both warriors, and compares them based on : weapon on weapon, weapon vs. opponent's armor and personal skill vs. personal skill. In the end his winner is slightly more realistic then DW's approach.
Runner-up :Julius Caesar vs. Khalid Ibn Walid
This is a rather excellent battle between one of Rome's greatest generals vs. the man who almost single-handily conquered much of the Islamic empire. A battle no one wants to miss
Fictional Match up :Hero of Oak-vale vs. Hero of Bright-wall
Ares's first fictional match-up, this match pits the heroes of Fable 1 and Fable 3 against each other. This bout contains magic, swords and guns as well as the experts we all know and love. Mimicking the style of the show, he seeks to bring gaming characters in as experts in order to supply witty humor. His writing culminates into a epic showdown between the two and you will have to find out the winner!
Runner-up: Sub-Zero vs. Batman
Ares's only other fictional match-up to date, this match up pits Gotham's Dark Knight vs. one of Mortal Combat's deadliest fighters.
Currently Working on: Atahualpa vs. Heke
Currently Working on : Russian Stelsky vs. Croatian-Austrian Pandur
By far this was my favorite fight of his, and I was not aware of who Alucard war when I read it . It took the concepts of good and evil, technology and magic, sin and redemption to an extreme, and everything from the commentary of the experts to the end sim was phenomenal.
Runner Up:(tie) Batman vs. Punisher and Sarah Kerrigan vs. Anakin Skywalker
As I have already mentioned, I originally suggested the latter to him, and I felt he did a superb sim and testing(also the experts were awesome) , though I did not agree with the outcome.
Punisher vs. Batman is his take on a classic Marvel/DC grudge match, and he does a superb job at capturing the personalities of both warriors. In particular Batman, who many people look down upon in Deadliest Warrior fandom for his unwillingness to kill. As usual the experts, testing and sim are awesome.
Currently Working on: Back for Blood: Zombie Apocalypse!
Master of the Boot's next epic will pit the winners of his matches(and some experts) against the zombie horde, which upgrades itself with each round (eventually culminating in a special "Redemption Round" ). This will be his longest sim to date, and almost certainly his best!
I have been looking forward to seeing the Iroquois for a while, and Mike expands on the Celt as well (which Deadliest Warrior badly represented). His sim has a shock ending for D.W. fans, and his bios are full of information on both the warrior's weapons and culture.
Runner-up: Zulu Impis vs. Roman Legion:
Mike pits the surprisingly similar Roman Legion against Shaka's Impi, and his was one of the most expansive I have seen in terms of organization.
Without a doubt one of the most expansive ever in the history of blogging, this battle pits to icons of the Toon video game industry against each other. He compares everything about the warriors, from their life styles to their weapons, tactic and defining moments, against each other to determine who will emerge as the DEADLIEST WARRIOR!
Runner-up: Harry Potter vs. Ash Ketchum!:
Though he has only done the prologue thus far, this battle looks to be awesome.
Favorite Matchup: Real: Southern Redneck vs. Urban Gangster:
Vercingetorix pits two of America's greatest sub cultures/stereotypes against each other to determine which will emerge on top. While currently on Hiatus(due to Link vs. Sora) , this matchup was a great success on Old Spike, and with Vercingetorix redoing it it will likely be even better!
Runner-up: None (hasn't done any others)
Currently Working on: Sora vs. Toon Link :edges!
This relatively new blogger currently possesses wonderful little tidbits of info on Celtic Warriors and the various trickster gods of the world. On Spike he was well known for writing battles, so expect to see some on his blog in the near-future. Hasn't done match ups yet, but has done educational pieces on a variety of topics.
Rikun85 -What IF? The Battle Simulator:
"The New Kid on the block" this guy seems to enjoy modern match-ups. Other then that I can't tell you much on him, other then his rather interesting incoming battle.
Favorite(only) Match-Up: Gestapo vs. Untouchables:
This matchup is very interesting in that as it pits two of the most uncompromising, incorruptible and unconventional police forces against each other. Their loyalty, weapons and tactics are all assessed, and the battle was superb!
Currently working on: Les Apaches vs. The Highbindera
Blog can be found here
Runner-up: French Musketeer vs. Apaches:
A wonderful squad on squad battle between the elite of France and the guerrillas of America's Southwest . Another battle that I highly encourage you to check out!
Currently Working On: Unknown:
Can be found here
Breathtakingly detailed, this match up analyzes nearly every component of the two warriors and their weapon in an extremely detailed scoring system.